Public Policy Analyst
Highly-motivated and creative individual who shares an interest in public policy processes and transportation infrastructure planning. This position’s main responsibilities include researching and compiling data, identifying overlapping priorities relevant to data, and presenting findings to regional stakeholders. This individual will work closely with other analysts, marketing team and leadership.
Like all team positions, this role is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. PH is an unfunded startup advancing the unique generational opportunity to implement the 5th mode of transportation in the Pacific Northwest. As paid positions open-up, volunteers will get priority consideration for employment. PH is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Expected 4~6 hours per week.
- Identify, research, and explain opportunities for collaboration and partnership between PH and public sector/policy oriented institutions
- Communicate PH vision and objectives to potential partners and effectively articulate benefits of potential partnership between PH and external entities
- Build and maintain relationships with personnel at relevant organizations, ultimately leading to mutually beneficial collaborations between PH and public sector decision makers
- 2-3 years relevant experience (may include any combination of education and professional-level experience that clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, including Bachelor's Degree or higher in a related field.)
- Proven knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply relevant sections of local, regional, state and federal mandates and programs, pertaining especially to transportation and infrastructure projects
- Ability to synthesize strategy recommendations from ambiguous inputs to guide decision-making
- Evaluate policies to identify strengths, weaknesses, alternatives, intended and unintended consequences
- Candidate must be an independent, self-directed, problem solver capable that can meet plan and meet commitments.
- Acute networking ability and apt communication skills with experience building relationships with policy makers and influencers
- 5-6 years background in public sector
- Experience with state and city Transportation policy
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to constant learning
- Thrives in a dynamic fast-paced collaborative structure
- Knowledge of local policy issues and challenges that affect King County and/or Multnomah County is a plus.