GIS Analyst / Civil Engineer
PH seeks a highly motivated and creative individual who shares the interest in transportation infrastructure planning with experience in Geographic Information Systems and spatial analysis. This position’s main responsibilities include developing high quality map products for stakeholder presentations, data collection and geodatabase development. This individual will work closely with our analysts, marketing team and leadership.
Like all team positions, this role is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. PH is an unfunded startup advancing the unique generational opportunity to implement the 5th mode of transportation in the Pacific Northwest. As paid positions open-up, volunteers will get priority consideration for employment. PH is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Expected 4~6 hours per week.
- Design hyperloop route alignment with consideration for technology, cost and ridership
- Develop scenarios hyperloop route alignment and transportation infrastructure
- Identify risks and opportunities to environment, cost and schedule
- Facilitate team collaboration sessions using GIS layer data as central data management tool
- Ensure route alignment meets Pacific Hyperloop objectives for the region
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience (may include coursework in GIS, geography, environmental planning, or related studies).
- Demonstrated high standards for cartographic design, visual communication, and attention to detail are essential.
- Skills and demonstrated experience with ESRI ArcGIS software including web-based applications.
- Knowledge of Washington and Oregon natural resource and/or city and county datasets preferred.
- Experience with Google Earth, Mapbox, AutoCAD, Python and graphic design software
- Candidate must be an independent, self-directed, problem solver capable that can meet plan and meet
- Civil engineering background
- 6-9 years of transportation infrastructure planning
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to constant learning
- Thrives in a dynamic fast-paced collaborative structure
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus.